Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Ten (Not So) Bookish Facts About Me

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Today's TTT topic is slightly different, and I've debated with myself several times if I should write today's TTT or not because I'm pretty sure there are not many bookish facts about me. That's why, I decide to mix it with other not-so-bookish-facts so I could make it to ten. Here they are!

1. Most people know me as a slow reader, but actually I could read really fast if I want to! There are some books that I read in less than a day. The problem is, most of the time I don't want to read fast. I love reading each quotes and each sentences, and everytime I feel like I missed something I often look back.


2. My TBR pile is not that many. Currently, I only have 5 unread books on my shelves. This is mostly because a) I'm a jobless 17 years old girl (in my country, you at least have to pass high school first if you want to get a job) and my parents didn't exactly like buying me books (they think I read too much) and b) I'm not exactly drowning in ARCs or e-ARCs (I only request like 4 books per month and most of the time I got declined so). So yeah, my 'source' of books is my friends who love books as much as I do and my school's library (which is, unfortunately, closed during summer).

3. I never interviewed an author only because...I don't know how to approach them! Seriously, do I just write an email asking for interview or do I have to be friends with them first in Twitter? Also I don't know what to write in the email. If anyone could give me some tips I'll be forever grateful!

4. I've spent my 17 years life living at the same city. Maybe this is good for now since I'm too lazy to switch school and all, but someday I really want to live in another country! I really love travelling but couldn't do it much now due to school and money.

5. I'm currently freaking out because I just realize that I have to register to a university and choose a major this SEPTEMBER. That's like 2 months away! I originally thought that it's October or November but nope. Guess I really need to think about it now.


6. I'm a perfectionist, but only for some things. For example, if I saw someone take a book from my shelves and put it back on the wrong place I'd go batshit crazy (okay, not really, but I definitely would be annoyed eventhough I only say it to myself). Also, when I'm writing an essay, I'd make sure all the first alphabets are a capital and I put the punctuation at the right place. That's why when on group assignment I (willingly) got the proofread task.

7. I think I already share it somewhere, but I'm 17 and I still don't know how to drive. I actually plan to learn how to drive this summer, but that plan obviously failed since I'll be back to school in 6 days. Hopefully, on Winter break I actually learn how to drive and got my driver license.

8. I'm the worst when it comes to ideas. I really want to create a feature or event here on my blog, but I never got the right idea! So if you have an idea and you want someone to help, I'll be happy to assist you!

9. Believe it or not, I never stay up really late just for books. Seriously, the most late I've ever been is only around 12.30 AM, and even that's not because I was reading! I found it hard to read at night and I never want to sacrifice my sleep.

10. Okay this sounds like shameless promo but I'm currently obsessing over bookstagramming! I'm definitely not pro at it since I only have a little bookish-related things, but feel free to check it out! (my user is thebookishthought).

So yeah, that's 10 never-seen-before facts about me that you guys might want to know. Leave your TTT in the comment so I could check out yours!

4 comments:

  1. Love your facts! I didn't get my drivers license until I was 17, so don't feel bad! I don't usually stay up late for books either. I love sleep too much!

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm 17 and I still haven't learnt how to drive but I want to learn how to soon! I also don't stay up that late to read even if the book is really good because the later it gets the less I concentrate and I end up not remembering anything I read XD

    Kyra @ Blog of a Bookaholic
    My TTT Post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can be proud of yourself for that TBR. Such a great base, now the only thing you gotta do is keep doing whatcha do, bc big TBRs aren't fun, trust me!
    - Jen from The Bookavid

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've gotten the majority of my interviews from simply noting on my blog that I will do interviews. On the rare occasions I reach out, I go through the publicist.

    Have you prowled through Netgalleyor Edelweiss' Read Now section? Tons of books you don't have to get 'approved' for!

    My Bookish Facts

    ReplyDelete

The Bookish Thought © 2014